7.28.2015

Real

 
This is about the millionth time I have come to my computer today.  I have convinced myself that every time I walk away from my kitchen that has everything out of it's cupboards and drawers might secretly organize itself the longer I stare at facebook or check my email.  But alas, it has not happened.  So maybe if I write a little it will happen. 
 
We are going to begin changing a lot in our kitchen and I am a lot afraid about it.  I have danced around the eating organic and real food world for a while and it is just time that we dive in or don't dive in at all.  So today I sat the girls down and talked to them about the difference between food and real food.  Pretty sad to think that you actually have to do that.  We went through our pantry and I told them if they could read the words on the ingredient list with no problem we can keep it.  It was interesting to watch them actually get a little grossed out by the ingredients in some of their favorite "foods".  So begins our new adventure.  And that just began to get me going gang busters on the rest of my kitchen.  Cleaning every cabinet and getting rid of things from our wedding that we have never used, and some things I am not actually sure what it is for in the kitchen.  So we are starting something pretty big around here for our family.  I am an all or nothing girl.  I can't ease into anything honestly.  So if I don't just do it then it won't get done.  My favorite break in the day was to eat Harris pizza my Aunt and Uncle brought back from Rock Island.  You know, just to kick off real food :) 
 
If you want to learn more about what we are embarking on then check out this website, www.100daysofrealfood.com 
I ordered her cookbook and it is great.  I was nervous it was going to be just like her blog but honestly there is so much more and it is well organized and user friendly.  I will keep you posted on this journey!  With #3 on the way we are putting nutrition on the top of our list to help fuel her and get her body growing strong!  I guess that begins with all of us too!  I'll keep you posted on how all of this keeps going! 
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment