10.20.2019

hello

I am dusting off this space again to write.  Something I so love to do and find such freedom.  Who knows what it is that might appear here and what eyes will read, but all in all, it is a space I want to permission myself into again.  

The last three years since my last post have been filled with so many things that I didn't really know how to put it all down.  The Lord has become my refuge in ways I never knew.  And maybe the most surprising is, He has become so much more of a mystery to me than ever before.  Both of these spaces;  the refuge and the mystery, are ones I am learning to linger.  

Lingering and longing are acts of obedience for me.  They do not come naturally.  I don't really know how to do either one of them very well.......let alone when they become something I do at the same time!  But when your life is marked with sitting with people, drawing more inside, being quiet, setting free, going into unknowns, being uncomfortable, not having any answers......you begin to learn obedience in ways unlike ever before.  The obedience to move was the hardest and I didn't know it would be at the moment of our yes.  The obedience to stay is the easiest.  I know that we cannot live life any other way.  I used to long for that.  I used to long to go back to "normal".  I longed for what was comfortable and for what made sense.  And now....I have a longing for where we are.  I have a longing for the people in our lives.  I have a longing for more of the mystery of Jesus.

I hope to write more.  Although I don't know when I will.  But for now.  It is good to be back.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment