3.09.2011

"This is what the Lord says: Do not be afraid of what you have heard" Isaiah 37:6

Well, it has been quite some time since the last post!  Can't say that much has happened, but us working hard on completing our education and getting moving on our paperwork!  So lots of behind the scenes work. 

Last week we had the pleasure of welcoming Jack Austin Williams into our family!  I got to hold him last Sunday and it was such a joy!  Who knows.....maybe Jack has a boy cousin coming to him very soon so he is not the ONLY boy around the Campbell family:)  It is amazing how sweet a newborn is.....I was in heaven with this one!!

Last night we heard from our agency some news regarding Ethiopian Adoptions.  There are many unknowns right now but there is an email that I recieved from my agency that I have posted below.  If you have not signed the petition....please do!  We are ALL advocates for the orphans!  Also....if you sign the petition will you send me your confirmation email??  I want to include all the names of those who fought to bring our little love home in their Life Book!

I am thankful that so many of my friends and family have clung to me!  I am thankful!  Last night I went straight to God's Word and He flooded me with His love, encouragement, and great hope!  I am currently doing a study of Isaiah...so of course....I didn't need to depart far from where I had been studying!  I know for sure that God brought us to this place....so I have NO doubt that HE had this as apart of our path from the beginning.  I used to see things like this as road blocks....but really.....it is an opportunity for me to see the path from God's perspective instead of my own.  I told my Mom this morning that this isn't a loss of a dream.....just a loss of a plan.  So....God has new plans for me.....ok, Lord.....show me the plan and the way to get there!  HE knows how much I love my little love.....but I know HE loves him/her even MORE!  I will trust his/her's FATHER! 
   SCRIPTURES:
*Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and FIND me when you seek me with ALL your heart.  Jeremiah 29:12-13
*I will turn all my mountains into roads.  Isaiah 49:11
*I will NOT forget you!  See, I have engraved you (and your little love's) on the palms of my hands.  Isaiah 49:15-16
*Those who hope in ME will not be disappointed.  Isaiah 49:23b
*I am God, and there IS NO OTHER;  I am God, and there is NONE like me.  I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.  I say:  My purpose will stand and I will do all that I please...what I have said, that will I bring about;  what I have planned, THAT WILL I DO.  Isaiah 46:9-11
*When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and when you pass through the rivers, they will NOT sweet over you.  When you walk through fire, you will NOT be burned, the flames will NOT set you ablaze.  For I am the Lord, YOUR God, the Holy One of Israel, YOUR SAVIOR!  Isaiah43:2-3
*You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you!
Isaiah 26:3

Help Us Advocate For Ethiopian Orphans


An Important Update


The Ethiopian Ministry of Women's Affairs (MOWA) has announced a proposal to decrease the number of adoptions they will process and approve—even by as much as 90%. They are planning to accomplish this decrease by limiting the number of approved cases to only 5 per working day. This change is currently set to begin on March 10, 2011.
Please know that no one fully understands this proposal yet. This will impact every agency and the families that each serve. This means that all agencies are working together in their advocacy making a very strong force that is working on the behalf of children and families. Currently, all agency staff are waiting for the Director of MOWA to return to Ethiopia. Once she returns they will have a chance to sit down and talk over the implications of this proposal.
To attempt to counteract this proposal, the Joint Council on International Children’s Services (JCICS) has put a “Call to Action” in place. This sort of international advocacy is what JCICS does, and they do it well.
We are strongly encouraging you to read their post below and follow the suggested steps. You can also share this with your family, friends, Facebook friends and church to do the same. It is so important that we are all united in this effort! We are all advocates in our own circles of influence—and it is good to partner with you in this!


***

JCICS Call to Action

March 8, 2011
Joint Council: Emergency Campaign for Ethiopian Children
What You Can Do:
1) Sign the petition to the Prime Minister of Ethiopia, Meles Zenawi – and pass it on!
2) Have you adopted from Ethiopia? Please send us up to 3 photos and 50 words or less with what you would like the Ministry to know about your child – we’ll compile the information and send a book to the Ministry of Woman’s Affairs. Send your photos and stories to advocate@jointcouncil.org bySunday, March 12, 2011 to be included. Please note that sending photos and stories gives Joint Council unrestricted right to use the information you provide.
3) Share…Please send this Call to Action to family members, other adoptive parents, and everyone you know! Post, forward and share your adoption stories via Facebook, Twitter, and blogs. Make sure you include us in your posts so we can all hear your stories! Here’s links to our pages: Facebook,Twitter and our our blog.
4) Stay informed: Get up-to-date information regarding the situation in Ethiopia by signing up to receive information from us: click here to do so, make sure you choose “country and issues specific information” and “Ethiopia.” And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and our our blog.
5) Help ensure our advocacy can continue: Joint Council is a non-profit and receives no government funding. Please join us in ensuring more children live in safe, permanent and loving families. Donatetoday!

No comments:

Post a Comment