11.22.2011

Grasping to Gratefulness and Greatness

So much has happened since last Monday so I wanted to bring you all the updates.  First, let me share a few pics from Savanah's 2nd birthday party at Chuck E Cheese!
Hello Kitty sort of party!

Me and My Daddy
Asher came!

Party Crasher Annie!
Love this girl!
Asher, Isaac, Adria, and Maren!
NOVEMBER NUMBERS
On Tuesday we got our November numbers.  And as always....here is Miss Maren to do the honors!
I am sure you are looking at this picture and thinking....I've seen this before?  Well....that would be exactly right.  You see there was movement this month, but not in the direction we are wanting.  We stayed the same on the girl list as last month (still #100) and we actually moved back on the boy list to #78.  I am not sure how one moves back, but I have heard that it could mean that someone accepted a referral and then something happened with that referral which then placed that family back on the wait list.  I look back on this journey and I see the Lord's hand in every nook and cranny.  I see Him active, alive, working, holding all things together, making all things new.  I wouldn't change one piece of the puzzle.  And while this is definitely not the news I was hoping for today, I am grasping to being grateful for what the Lord has done for me and grasping to His greatness!  At BSF, we were urged in the lecture to really examine where our eyes are fixed.  Because where we fix our eyes will ultimately determine what we believe and how we behave.  I want my eyes to be fixed firmly on the Lord so that I will not waver.  


THANKSGIVING
We decided to stay in Kansas City for Thanksgiving and just celebrate the four of us.  It was such a fun weekend!  We had a great time being together as a family and having nothing on the schedule (which was new for us since the last 2 months!).  
Thanksgiving Dinner!
Dave doing the honors of cutting his first Turkey :)

TREE LIGHTING
One of my memories of growing up was going to see the Mayor's Christmas Tree Lighting in Crown Center.  So we decided to go down and see it ourselves on Friday.  It was so beautiful and the firework show was awesome!
The fountains were on

Maren on top of the train

Gorgeous

Me and My Savy





























GEARING UP:
It was such a great weekend!  I got all things organized this weekend to get the week off to a great start!  One of the things I did was do a weekly meal plan.  I normally plan out what meals I will make during the week, but I never specify the day.  After reading a fellow blogger and adoptive Momma's recipe blog I was inspired.  All of the recipes except for Monday's came from her blog!  Check it out for some fun recipes.  I am excited to try some of these yummy recipes!!
Leigh's Recipe Blog

Sunday- Leftover Chili and Pumpkin Bread
Monday- Aunt Janice Chicken (Campbell fam recipe, also known as french dressing with apricot dressing)
Tuesday- Honey Mustard Chicken with Sweet Potato frieds
Wednesday- Pot Roast (Crock Pot Day)
Thursday- Leftover Pot Roast
Friday- Buffalo Chicken Pockets with Broccoli
Saturday- MM Sandwiches (can I just say you must check out this recipe!) with Mashed Potatoes

OKAY...........we have made it!  I seriously need to blog more often!  I just love adding pics!  Who knows how many of you have made it THIS far!!!  I wanted to leave you with a link to an awesome song that reminds me just how amazing our Lord is!  What a great way to begin your week!

Chris Tomlin "How Great is Our God" (World Version)

HAPPY MONDAY FRIENDS!
Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a sweet week. Happy Birthday Savy!

    Love the world version of How Great is Our God! So cool! Praying for you friend.

    -Tori

    ReplyDelete