1.09.2012

Inside Out

If you do not know Christine Caine, then you need to.  I "met" her while watching Passion 2012 via simulcast.  She is a great speaker, has a sold out heart for human trafficking and loves the Lord.  I was challenged by her post.  It really spoke to what the Lord has been doing in my life since May:


We have to stop and take a good look inside ourselves to see what the condition of our core is. So many times, we build layers around our inner core to protect ourselves. We cover ourselves with all sorts of fancy packaging—all the Christian behaviors we know we are “supposed” to have. Eventually we get so good at hiding that we actually believe our own marketing campaign—we have completely forgotten that we even have a spiritual core!
We must embark on the process of carefully peeling back the layers to expose our core, because if there is to be any real change in our lives, it must start from the inside out. The whole direction of our lives and the outworking of our destinies flow from here! We cannot act our way to our future. In fact, unless we are transformed into the image of Christ, we have no future.
The only way to lay hold of the purposes of God for our life is to become who we need to be on the inside. It’s only then that we will be able to do what we have been called to do.

You see, I had begun to believe my own marketing campaign.  And since May the Lord has been, in His gentle painful way, peeling back layers within me to expose...well...me.  The me He created.  And there are many layers to go....but I am willing and loving the peeling process now.  I want to be who God created me to be at my core.  At. my. core.  If you like this writing she is doing a 31 day devotional on her blog (this was part of Day 1).  Here is her blog: http://www.equipandempower.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=107&Itemid=224&lang=en

Are you in the peeling process?  

2 comments:

  1. i haven't heard of christine caine, but i am excited to see the link you provided. i am not sure i want to be peeled, but i know i need to be.

    btw, where did you get your map of ethiopia pendant? it is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I'll have to check out her blog. I could use a daily devotional on this topic. :) God bless your journey!

    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete