2.07.2012

Four Years Ago Today

THIS IS A DAY LATE........But.......


It was Wednesday (Ash Wednesday) at 5:00am and I could no longer sleep.  The contractions were coming not on a very regular basis, but enough that I couldn't lay any longer.  I also think that my excitement level and nerves were very high.  You see......your due date was January 31st.....and it was February 6th.....we were more than ready for you (or so we thought).  That week I went to the mall everyday to walk and walk and walk.  Thinking that that would help speed things along. And now....the day was here.  I told your Dad that I was feeling contractions but nothing big (I was sort of worried to be wrong) so he went off to work.  I tried to do things as usual.....talked to Grandma Diane on the phone and it was all I could do to now tell her that I was really beginning to feel contractions.  They were growing and I began to write down the time and lengths.  I finally called your Dad and told him that I thought I was in labor and to come and have lunch at home with me.  When he arrived home he could see that this time.....I was not kidding around.  I told him to eat because I didn't know what kind of day we would had ahead of us and then we made the car ride over.  I was nervous....excited.....but nervous.....it was time.


Your Grandma and Grandpa Campbell began the drive down from Lincoln and shortly after they left Aunt Amy and Uncle Austin began their drive as well.  Grandma and Grandpa Lee were there too!  We had a great nurse who was everything I had prayed for....her name was Emma.....so thankful for her.  But.....as with many first time births....the day was long waiting for my body to prepare to bring you into this world.  But around 8pm it was time to begin pushing.  And over an hour later you arrived....9:45pm.  It was a moment I will never forget.  You came into this world and went straight to my chest!  I couldn't believe my eyes.  It was love at first sight.  But you were not crying so they whisked you away to get some fluids out of you.  The nurse did a great job getting you all in a fuss :)  And then it was time to introduce you to the family that had been waiting.  
Maren Elizabeth Campbell  
6 pounds 15 ounces
19.75 inches
Perfect
You were an amazing baby.  You loved schedules.  You loved routines.  You also loved to cry from about 5pm-7pm every night.  But your Grandpa Jim would come over after work and walk our house back and forth holding you while you cried to give this new Momma a break.  You and I bonded during the wee hours of the night.  I sang to you.  Read to you.  I might have fallen asleep on you a few times ;)  But you and I were best buds.  I loved doing things with you.


You have always been a determined child.  Determined mostly to do things in your way and in your time.  You have always had a tender heart, compassionate, loving, joyful.  You are a thinker.  Born with your brow furrowed.  Always thinking things through, observing, careful to make each next step.  I admire this quality.


You were only 21 months when you became a big sister and it was a role I know you were always  meant to play.  You love your sister so well.  Always sharing, always willing to take care of her, worried for her when she cries.  I am thankful for how you love your family.  


I am impressed each day by you and thankful that the Lord chose me to be your Mommy.  I love watching the Cosby show with you eating popcorn.  I love when you wake up early and come snuggle with me in bed.  I love that you paint.  I love that you love to be silly.  I love that you love to have dance parties.  I love that you are silly.  I love that you love to sit and read the Bible with me.  I love listening to you pray.  


Four years ago today my life changed in an instant.  I am constantly learning more about myself as I learn to mother you.  Our walk hasn't been easy.....but it has been the best journey of my life.  I love you Maren Elizabeth!


Your First Pony Tail

At the Lake with Daddy

The first time you met Savanah....you were in love!
You and Savy are great sisters!

Campson I....you are so much fun to hang out with
You are ready to be another Big Sister to your Brother or Sister from Ethiopia

This is the perfect Maren face :)

Fourth Birthday Party....Princess and Prince Tea Party

No comments:

Post a Comment