10.30.2011

Musings

We had a great weekend in Nebraska with Dave's family.  His grandpa turns 90 on November 2nd and all of us went to Kearney to celebrate with him.  It was a sweet time of being all together and out of our normal routines.  Savanah came down with bronchitis a few days before we left so the nights were not the best but it gave me time to snuggle with my little one.  And I was reminded of my days with a newborn....up every few hours to tend to their needs.  There is something about caring for your child in the wee hours of the night (morning).  


There are two songs lyrics that keep ringing in my heart tonight as I nestled on my couch slowing back into what this week will present for me.  The first is, "We need a cause to stand behind-love" (Chris Tomlin, "Love").  And the second is, "Your pain has changed me, your dreams inspire, your face a memory, your hope a fire.  Your courage asks me, what I'm afraid of, and what I know of love" (Sara Groves, "I Saw What I Saw").  


I would say that adoption has become a buzz word.  Many people respond differently to me when I have the opportunity to share our journey.  Some will say, "you have such an amazing heart."  Or, "I really want a child of my own".  Or, "I could never do that".  And the truth of the matter is.....I don't have an amazing heart and I am having a child of my own and yes....you could do this too!  I am simply responding.....isn't that what we all do in our lives?  Respond? We respond to the things that are placed in front of us.  I have decided to stand behind a cause called love.  That means that I have to ask myself....what do I know of love?  I know that love is made perfect by my Father in Heaven.  "For God so LOVED the world that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:16).  That is pretty unbelievable love!  This love I cling to daily because it is the source of life for me....it is what saved me.....it is the love that ADOPTED me into His family.  Not because of me.....but because of Jesus!  I am thankful....I am humbled....and most of all....I am challenged.  Challenged to become more and more jealous for the One who was most jealous for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment