11.08.2011

Amazing Story

For those of you who know me, you know that I have done musicals for as long as I can remember.  I got my bachelor's in Musical Theater from the University of Nebraska (Go Huskers!)  And when I was in college there was an awesome musical theater actress who was making a storm on stage!  Her name is Kristen Chenoweth.  If you don't know her name, then I would ask if you have heard the musical "Wiked"?  She originated the role of Glinda (a role that was written with her in mind).  She is an amazing talent.  Her story is amazing as well.  I hope that if you find yourself wondering if God is there.....if God hears the cries of your heart...if God knows the desires of you heart......I pray that this would encourage you today.
Kristen Wrote:
            Some years ago in the town of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, there was a young couple who had a son and longed for a daughter to round out their family. Then the wife was told she needed to have a hysterectomy and wouldn’t be able to conceive again. She and her husband put their names on every adoption list they could find but hadn’t gotten any calls. She knew the wait would be long, maybe forever. Still, she prayed and prayed for a little girl. The day came when she checked into the hospital for surgery.

At that very same hospital, a young unmarried flight attendant was about to give birth to a baby she planned to give up for adoption. Her doctor had helped line up a loving couple to adopt and raise the baby. Then that wife discovered to her surprise that she was pregnant. ”Please let the baby go to another couple,” she told her doctor. The ob-gyn consulted the young couple from Broken Arrow. “You mean we could have our new baby now?” they asked. Absolutely, they were told. And wouldn’t you know, that baby turned out to be a girl?
“I went into the hospital to have surgery,” my mother liked to tell me, “and I came home with you.” I marvel at how many people’s prayers were answered: my parents’, the couple who was originally going to adopt the baby, my birth mother’s.

You see we need to keep in mind that everything is just for now.  "Just for now.  The challenge you are facing is just for now.  The joy you are celebrating is just for now.  The tide never remains in.  It recedes to return again.  Inhale and give thanks for your blessing.  Exhale and release your burden.  They are here just for now."


Now to Him who is ABLE to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine, according to HIS power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory!  (Ephesians 3:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment