2.10.2014

A Rest. A Breath.

The room was filled with 450 women.  Varying ages.  Varying stories.  Some were there to learn.  Some were there to share and encourage.  Some were there for community.  But the reason I was there?  That is the question my dear friend Rory asked me as we were walking to worship on Friday.  And my answer to her was that I needed to take a breath.  I needed to rest.  I needed it so that I can continue singing the song well.  This song of adoption.  This road that He has asked me to walk.  I want so badly to sing this song well and I was in need of a major rest.  To be honest, many of the people in my core group were there out of heart ache.  Failed adoption.  Referral lost.  Travel taking much longer than anticipated.  But there were some there filled with joy.  A long awaited referral had just come.  Travel approval just given.  Their newly brought home kiddos were attaching and thriving.  We were a combination of many hearts.  But all like minded in the song.  All there because we have been asked to fiercely love that which our world pushes to the side.  And it is not for the faint of heart.  It is not for those who want to just "add to their family".  No.  It is a call and when you are called, community is necessary.  So I am thankful for this weekend.  Still processing it all.  But I leave you with a surprise that Rory had for me at the end of the retreat.  One of the break out sessions was painting (this one I did not attend because I am not really that crafty).  
Here it is:
In the middle of the song she put a rest.  A quarter rest to be exact.  This is a marker for me now on this journey.  A reminder that the Lord provided me with this rest.  And the song referenced is one of my favorites, "10,000 Reasons" by Matt Redman.  And here is the verse she quoted, 
"The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes."
So each day when I see this I will know that each day is a day I get to sing a new song.  No matter what is behind me or what will come before me I want to always be found singing.  We all have a song to sing and we have been purposed before the beginning of time to sing it!  What about you?  What song has the Lord given to you to sing?  Are you singing it?  Are you afraid to actually step into the song?  He will equip you....one day at a time.....four steps at a time.  He will equip you in such a way that at the end of everyday.....you will be found singing!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! What a sweet and thoughtful friend you have. Have a joy-filled song today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Suzanne!! And I love this artwork. How incredibly thoughtful of Rory! Just love this. Thanks for sharing your heart... I loved seeing you this weekend. It was such a wonderful time away to rest and be refreshed!!!

    ReplyDelete